Life Care Planning is a specialty within elder law emerging around the country that takes a holistic view of every aspect of caring for someone with a chronic illness. We were the first Long Island elder law firm to integrate the Life Care Plan model into its practice and have done so since 2009. While traditional elder law or “Medicaid Planning” law firms focus on saving the elder’s money for the next generation, Life Care Planning law firms use, if necessary, the elder’s money to maximize his or her quality of life and independence. In essence, Life Care Planning helps people find and pay for good care for life by bundling Medicaid asset protection, Medicaid benefits qualification, Social Security Disability Income (SSI) qualification, long-term care services coordination, nursing home advocacy and crisis intervention.
At Tully Law, PC, Life Care Planning is provided both by our Long Island elder law legal professionals, led by Certified Elder Law Attorney Brian Andrew Tully, along with our Elder Care Coordinator who is a geriatric social worker.
A Life Care Plan includes:
- Defining and selecting the best care
- Coordinating care
- Advocating for the best care
- Paying for the care
- Qualifying for Medicaid benefits
- Preserving assets for clients and their families, usually through a trust
- Comprehensive estate planning
- Emotional support for elders as well as their families and caregivers
- Care advocacy and crisis intervention
Life Care Planning focuses on using all available resources to maximize clients’ quality of life. There are three principal aspects of a Life Care Plan:
- We make sure that you or your loved one gets good care, at home, in an assisted living facility or in a nursing home. Your Life Care Plan is focused on you achieving your best quality of life, taking into account your health, safety, physical and emotional well-being.
- We help you make decisions relating to your health care, special needs and long-term care planning. We also partner with you to ensure that the decisions you make are carried out according to your wishes and best interests.
- We help you develop a plan to pay for the best care for you while protecting the most assets possible.
We are your resource of experienced, supportive, knowledgeable, and objective advisors to help you receive the best care, get the best quality of life and protect the most assets.
Who Benefits from Life Care Planning?
Any senior with a health condition that has the potential to impact their ability to care for themselves. Caregivers also benefit from the support offered by a Long Island Elder Care Coordinator in finding and securing quality care and having a knowledgeable person to turn to when problems arise.
The Long Island elder law attorneys at Tully Law, P.C. can remove the burdens of planning, financing and obtaining proper long-term health care by utilizing the tenets of the Life Care Plan system, allowing family members to spend time with their loved ones. With offices conveniently located in Melville and Centereach, the Life Care Planning lawyers at Tully Law, PC can help New York City, Nassau and Suffolk County residents develop a unique plan to meet your or your loved ones needs.