The New York State Department of Health has released important information about the new Medicaid income and resource levels for 2015, which will take effect on January 1, 2015.
The following lists the updated Medicaid income and resource levels for 2015:
- Income level for one person: $825 for 2015 (Was $809 for 2014)
- Income level for two people: $1,209 for 2015 (Was 1,192 for 2014)
- Resource level for one person household: $14,850 for 2015 (Was $14,550 for 2014)
- Resource level for household of two people: $21,750 for 2015 (Was $21,450 in 2014)
- Minimum monthly maintenance needs (income) allowance: $2,980.50 for 2015 (Was $2,931 for 2014)
- Maximum community spouse resource allowance: $119,220 for 2015 (Was $117,240 for 2014)
For more detailed information regarding the updated figures please visit: http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/publications/gis/14ma029.htm
Please recall that all asset protection planning still has a 5 year look back. Should you wish to discuss your planning options or discuss how Medicaid benefits can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.